Step 1: Preplan
Step 2: Execute
Step 3: Agreement
Conflict or Negotiation Issue: (2-3 sentences)
· My Position: (what I say I want)
· My Interest: (why I want it)
· My needs: (Attention, Acceptance, Affection, Appreciation, Autonomy)
· My BATNA: (Best alternative to a negotiated situation/options)
· What do I find of value or is valuable to me?
· What can I offer to get what I want/need?
· What is my zone of possible opportunity?
· What is the minimum I am willing to accept?
Other Parties Inventory:
· Other Parties Position: (what they say they want)
· Other Parties Interest: (why they want it)
· Other Parties needs:
· Other parties BATNA: (Best alternative to a negotiated situation/options)
· What do they find of value or is valuable to them?
· What do I think they can offer that I want/need?
What is the current relationship? (Interaction personal or professional)
What is the potential future relationship?
What immeasurable factors should I consider?
Trust Values Culture History Hierarchy
Power Compassion Integrity Dedication
Hunter & Gather Information:
Objective Criteria: (statistics, data, information provided by a neutral 3rd party)
My ideal goal/object will look like:
The ideal agreement will look like? (timeline, solidification, execution)
What is the timeline I will allow for the changes to be made?